- About Us
- Contact Us
- Private Teachers
- Repairs & Rehairs
- Trade in Policy
- Trial Use
- RSS Syndication
- Shipping, Returns, and Trial Use
We have worked closely with Mrs. Royce to offer an violin outfit specific to the needs of the orchestral program at Wintergreen Interdistrict Magnet School. This outfit consists of our Audubon Strings Violin - a fully carved instrument that has been carefully set up and maintained in-store by our skilled staff. Included in the outfit are a bow (either wooded or fiberglass), a high-quality cloth covered case, and rosin. The shoulder rest offers support and assists students in learning proper technique and posture when playing. The Zaret Sponge ($4.29) is a soft, contoured sponge that attaches to the instruments with a rubber band. While a shoulder rest is not necessary, it is often recommended.
Please read the terms carefully when completing the rental and agree to them. We do recommend including the offered insurance with your rental.
Your rental will be delivered to WIMS in coordnation with Mrs. Royce, and maintained through regular visits to the school throughout the school year. If your child outgrows their current rental, we will switch the violin to the appropriate size without any change to the rental price or terms.
When checking out, please enter your (the adult's) information as the billing and shipping address and be sure to enter the student's name in the field above. We will label the instrument with your student's name for delivery.
Thank you and we look forward to working with you this year!
Audubon Strings Instrument Rental
100% of your rental for the first year, and 20% of the subsequent four years may be applied to the purchase of and instrument in the same family, i.e., violin, viola, cello, from Audubon Strings of equal or greater value to your rentaloutfit excluding consignments.
If you have rented an instrument from another shop or online store, you are eligible for our RentalCredit Transfer Program.
* We will apply our rental credit schedule and terms to your rental from another shop. This program is valid toward the purchase of an instrument of equal or greater value from Audubon Strings excluding consignments.
* For example, a Better Level 1 cello from Audubon Strings is $475/year. Our rental credit schedule is 100% for the first year and 20% for the subsequent four years. If you rented a comparable outfit from another shop for a period of one year, we will offer $475 of rental credit as if you rented from us!
* Please visit our rentals page for outfit rates and comparison. If you do not find a comparable outfit, contact us for a rental credit quote. Proof of rental and rental terms for outfit required.
Your rental fees are for the rental of the instrument during the term of your rentalonly. The following limitations apply:
* Rental fees do not include insurance.
* Insurance coverage for accidental damage, theft, and repair is optional and may be additionally purchased. Only one insurance claim may be made during insured coverage. Insurance rates are 20% of the Rental Fee. Coverage is valid for the Rental Period covered by the Rental Fee. Coverage is limited to accidental damage, theft, and repair. Insurance does not cover instrument if lost, or damaged due to neglect or abuse. Determination of neglect or abuse is at Audubon Strings discretion. Claims for theft must be accompanied by an official police report.
* Rental fees do not cover accidental or deliberate damage to instruments or the replacement of broken strings due to improper tuning. The renter bears sole financial responsibility for the instrument outfit during the rental term if lost, stolen, or damaged due to neglect or abuse.
* Rental fees do cover such things as bow rehairs, open seam regluing, bridge refitting, string replacement due to normal wear, and sticking or slipping pegs.
* All repairs of rental instruments and bows must be done through Audubon Strings. Repairs not performed at Audubon Strings will not be reimbursed.