- About Us
- Contact Us
- Private Teachers
- Repairs & Rehairs
- Trade in Policy
- Trial Use
- RSS Syndication
- Shipping, Returns, and Trial Use
Thank you for chosing to rent your viola from Audubon Strings. Our viola outfit includes a hard-carved viola, set up in our workshop, a fiberglass or wooden bow, a high quality light-weight case and rosin!
Please fill out your information in the shipping and billing fields when checking out, and we will deliver your outfit to Walsh Intermediate in coordination with Mrs. Benard.
Rental Terms and Policies:
Rental Credit Toward Purchase of Instrument
100% of your rental for the first year, and 20% of the subsequent four years may be applied to the purchase of and instrument in the same family, i.e., violin, viola, cello, from Audubon Strings of equal or greater value to your rentaloutfit excluding consignments.
Rental Credit Transfer Program
If you have rented an instrument from another shop or online store, you are eligible for our RentalCredit Transfer Program.
* We will apply our rental credit schedule and terms to your rental from another shop. This program is valid toward the purchase of an instrument of equal or greater value from Audubon Strings excluding consignments.
* For example, a Better Level 1 cello from Audubon Strings is $475/year. Our rental credit schedule is 100% for the first year and 20% for the subsequent four years. If you rented a comparable outfit from another shop for a period of one year, we will offer $475 of rental credit as if you rented from us!
* Please visit our rentals page for outfit rates and comparison. If you do not find a comparable outfit, contact us for a rental credit quote. Proof of rental and rental terms for outfit required.
Maintenance, Repair, and Insurance
Your rental fees are for the rental of the instrument during the term of your rentalonly. The following limitations apply:
* Rental fees do not include insurance.
* Insurance coverage for accidental damage, theft, and repair is optional and may be additionally purchased. Only one insurance claim may be made during insured coverage. Insurance rates are 20% of the Rental Fee. Coverage is valid for the Rental Period covered by the Rental Fee. Coverage is limited to accidental damage, theft, and repair. Insurance does not cover instrument if lost, or damaged due to neglect or abuse. Determination of neglect or abuse is at Audubon Strings discretion. Claims for theft must be accompanied by an official police report.
* Rental fees do not cover accidental or deliberate damage to instruments or the replacement of broken strings due to improper tuning. The renter bears sole financial responsibility for the instrument outfit during the rental term if lost, stolen, or damaged due to neglect or abuse.
* Rental fees do cover such things as bow rehairs, open seam regluing, bridge refitting, string replacement due to normal wear, and sticking or slipping pegs.
* All repairs of rental instruments and bows must be done through Audubon Strings. Repairs not performed at Audubon Strings will not be reimbursed.